I am in awe and so thankful when I look back to see what prayers God has answered for us! When I took the class Equipped Disciple 2 at church, we were supposed to make note of our prayer requests in order to remember that we had specifically prayed something and then write God's answer next to it when we got an answer. I wrote in the journal what had been a strong desire on my heart especially around that time which was to, "have enough money for kids in 2011 for me to work part time or less and to have kids by the year 2011." My son was born on 1/2/2011! I wrote these requests on September 10th, 2009 thinking that these just weren't going to be possible for us financially. I was in school at the time because I felt I needed to go back and get a degree that I enjoy and one that will allow me to work part time some day even though I truly desired to not have to work at all and to spend time with kids full time some day. I also requested that I would finish school and get an internship that would allow me to have this future career as a dietitian. Well, despite my work experience, great grades, and volunteer experience, I did not get the internship in April of 2010 and soon after finding this out, became pregnant immediately which was such an amazing answer to prayer! Thank you Lord for such wonderful gifts and for giving me the desires of my heart! We also happened to pay off the rest of Kam's school loans this month before finding out we were pregnant and had enough money for me to stay home with our baby!
God has quickly given us what we needed all along and it's fun to see that looking back. When we first got married in December of 2007, we had only enough money for the two of us to live on and about a month later Kam got a different job that would allow us to keep moving up financially and help me to see that we could some day have kids too! I wish I always put all of my trust in God and that he wants what is best for us and His plan, but he also wants to give us great gifts that we not only desire but will also be a part of His plan to bring Him glory! Lately, I have really needed to be reminded of all of this and be thankful for our son and my ability to stay home with him even if it means doing laundry almost every day along with other household chores and serving my son. It's hard work but so sweet and a huge blessing to our family!
Here's a couple pictures of our now 3 month old baby boy who is so beautiful!
Monday, April 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment